#100daysofcode R1D2

Today I had some fun with APIs. I have now got part of my Twitter application functional. However, since I haven’t actually figured out what I’m going to do with the data, and whether I’m going to store historical data or just display current info, I got stuck.

So, I moved on to the Amazon shopping API. I already use this API in a few places to display books by subject, and books by author.

In an experimental mood, I thought I’d try using some sorting magic on it, and found Isotope. Watching books sort and filter themselves was a lot of fun, though I don’t know if there’s a practical use for it on my site. For now, it’s in my ‘/experiments’ folder.

This was all pretty lightweight stuff, but I have been a little off my usual rhythm all day. It took me twice as long as usual to get through editing a dozen XML files, and I still haven’t gotten my invoices updated for the day.

The weekend starts tomorrow, so hopefully I can do some less work-focussed programming for day 3.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: